Saturday, December 22, 2012

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas

Woah.  Things have been crazy since my last post.  I'll try to fill you in without writing a book.  :)

First of all, Christmas is here!  Well, hats off to my parents...I never even realized how hectic Christmas can be when you have children.  Especially with 15 of them asking for different kinds of presents.  3 trips to Guadalajara malls.  Countless gifts purchased.  Hopefully happy kids on Christmas!  I can't wait to see the little kids faces on Christmas.  I'll definitely be video taping that for you all!

Recently, I took a road trip with Becky and Bob to fetch Cierra, a friend and fellow volunteer here.  I also had some issues with my visa so I had to get it reissued.  Into Texas we went.  It was so hilarious when we crossed the border because Becky and I started seeing American stuff everywhere!  Forever 21!  Olive Garden!  Red Lobster!  Wendy's!  JC Penny's!  Target!  Guitar Center!  We were thrilled.  I have a video that I will post at the end.

When we crossed the border into Mexico, it was amazing the change that immediately happens.  Buildings are different, everything is different.

                                                             •••

Since it's Christmas, La Ola is putting on a Christmas program on Monday.  I'm a Shepherd.  I'm sure the role will land me on Broadway, haha!  We've been practicing a lot, and we did a full dress rehearsal today.

Yesterday I drove, yes DROVE through Guadalajara (a city as large or larger than L.A.) in a manual no less!  I'm trying to learn my way around and Bob was a great teacher.  Hopefully I will know where we normally go down pat soon.  I drove through Guadalajara to take some of our kids to the science center there.  The kids had a blast!

That brings us to today!  All we really did today was practice for the play, hand out Christmas present to needy kids, had pizza, and headed home.  So it hasn't been as hectic as usual.

Well, I just want to update you all on what's been happening here recently.  And I'm so sorry, that I haven't updated sooner!

Love you all!

Erin.



No comments:

Post a Comment