Thursday, July 14, 2011

We Are Such Stuff as Dreams Are Made On...

"We are such stuff
As dreams are made on, and our little life
Is rounded with a sleep."
 
-William Shakespeare, The Tempest 
 
 
Ahh, William.  What a beautiful writer. 
 
Since I left Mexico, I have had about a dozen dreams about getting back there.  One where I went back only to visit, one where I taught school and guitar lessons, one where I lived my life there, many others and one where I had to go through an alligators mouth to get to the orphanage.  (Yes, I realize the last one was a little weird, must be from all the Swamp People I watch, but I have had many many many odd dreams in my life.  Ask my family...)
 
I've been learning Spanish like crazy.  I've put up labels throughout my parents house that say all kinds of things.  Cuchara-Spoon  Cuchillo- Knife  Lampara- Lamp  Hundirse- Sink  They really have helped because I just remembered what all that means!  I'm getting to some tough parts in Spanish where you have to flip words around and conjugate and all kinds of crazy stuff.  Sometimes I feel like pulling my hair out, but I WILL LEARN SPANISH AND SPEAK IT FLUENTLY!  I will!  (< . >)

Anyway, just thought I'd update.  I'm paying my loans as quickly as I can!  I'm gonna have a yard sale when it cools down and hopefully a dinner.  

If you would like donate to my trip back to Mexico, just hit the Donate button at the top of the page.  
 
Also, I'm selling scarves at    http://www.etsy.com/shop/eeperry86     (I'll have more up soon!)

Love you all!
 

2 comments:

  1. LOVE IT! I totally understand all your normal and crazy dreams. Which the alligator one seems pretty normal to me since I too have what others call "weird" dreams all the time. But unlike you, I still have yet to fly in my dreams!

    I am praying for you like crazy friend. I know that this is the hardest part. Waiting... but knowing exactly what you want to do.

    To the spanish I say YOU WILL BECOME FLUENT! Just keep doing what you are doing, and it will come before you know it. That's awesome that you have a real want to learn. Because if not then you would be stuck 6 months in and still only know how to say hello & goodbye (yeah... my polish is not going so well.)

    But I love you, still would love to talk whenever you can. Oh Love the scarves what an awesome idea!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're so cool. Tu es bueno, muy bueno.

    ReplyDelete