Thursday, April 14, 2011

Missions/Travel Blog

Howdy family and friends!

A beautiful and very wonderful friend of mine (ahem, Emily, ahem) gave me this grand idea. I'm sorry, I'm a copycat, I know. But I'm just so excited about missions that I had to go ahead and start this blog! So anything pertaining to mission work or traveling will be in this new blog that I have conveniently named, "Nomad Memoirs."

So what is in store for me right now? Well, I'll tell you. I'm learning patience. I've actually been learning patience for a long time now. From helping my grandmother full-time when she went through breast cancer (for about 5 months before she died) to waiting and waiting for God to give me the "go ahead" on a place to serve as a missionary to being diagnosed with Addison's Disease and Schmidt's Syndrome and having to deal with taking medicine daily (and the doctor's getting my dosage just right.) Like I said, I have definitely been learning patience over the past few years.

Galatians 6:9 says: Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

Now I am in the process of going on a mission trip to Guadalajara, Mexico. A wonderful lady in my church, Patty, is helping me along in this process. If all goes well, I will be on my there in May or June to visit for a week. I'm really excited about this! I'm trying not to plan too much and just let God do his thing.

I guess that's all for now.

See ya'll in the funny papers.

Erin.


Current Location: Tennessee

2 comments:

  1. So I thought I had commented on your lovely blog.... but I guess I had not. Well here I am commenting! I love every EVERY thing about this blog. The passion, the hope, and the beauty that is within it. I am on pins and needles trying to be patient to wait and hear stories from your one day adventures. I have no doubt that God is going to use you in phenomenal ways, and I can not wait to see it. Ok let me re think that.... because he already is using you. Even though it might not be exactly where you want to be now, if you are living for God then he is using you somehow. But I know as a person that had to wait and wait again, that it stinks to not be where you feel you should. So I am praying for you around the clock friend. I pray that God gives you the strength to get through they "every day", that while you wait you are able to remain patient and trust in him for his timing, and also that he shows you your purpose for where you are now. I love & miss ya like crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for your mission trip! And what a fun name Guadalajara is!!!! I bet you will see lots of stuff there that will make you laugh and cry and I can't wait to hear about it because I'm in love with you..

    ehem. um, I mean I love you.
    Love, Me,
    P.S. BE MY FRIEND!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete